Sunday, February 17, 2008

Set Gmail as Default Mail Client in Ubuntu :: the How-To Geek

Set Gmail as Default Mail Client in Ubuntu :: the How-To Geek: "Every Geek uses Gmail… it's pretty much required. And now you can set Gmail as the default client in Ubuntu without any extra software."

Sweet!

On my home PCs I don't feel the need to have an offline email app like Thunderbird or Evolution (maybe I will one day) since I'm always online... AND, using Gmail on all my PCs means they are all 'in sync' by default with no download times, etc. So this is cool (for me).

*****UPDATE******
I thought this could also work for 'Send To' from the file explorer, but it is not an option when you select 'Send To'. I will keep looking for that, as that is mainly what I'm trying to do here. This script seems to only be tailored to executing when 'mailto:' hyperlinks are selected. This is still nice, but I'm pretty sure I already had this setup for me in Firefox by the Google Toolbar.

No comments: