Thursday, February 14, 2008

Cloning OS to SD Card: Simplified instructions - Internet Tablet Talk Forums

Cloning OS to SD Card: Simplified instructions - Internet Tablet Talk Forums

Okay, only my second day with the N800 and I already realize that space is a premium... so in looking for a way to possibly install applications to directories other than those on the internal memory, I ran across this. Haven't read the whole thing yet, but again will right my findings once I do or a better description of what it really is.

Here's another site discussing it

******ADDITION******* (2/16/08)
This article, and others, talk about gaining root and get root, etc. The package listed in the article will not install on my N800 upgraded to OS2008. Perhaps I have not found the correct version for OS2008, but it would appear that unless I can figure out how to get root access I can't make this happen. I'm also not sure if I would want the OS to run off the SD card. I really just want to be able to install/move *some* applications from the built-in memory to the internal SD card.

No comments: