Wednesday, February 13, 2008

N800/810 Video Converter - Internet Tablet Talk Forums

N810 Video Converter - Internet Tablet Talk Forums

Video converter that seems like it will provide good quality playback on the N800/810. Will try and right a review. I also have DVDFab Platinum which I love, but I'm not sure what the best settings will be for the N800.

I CAN tell you that videos for the iPod (m4v files encoded with h.264) seem to be too much for the N800. It plays them and has moments of nice fluid video, but most of the time it's just choppy as hell... no thanks. Although, I figured this would be the case since h.264 is a frickin' pig on ANYTHING! DIVX or XVID is my encoder of choice, but we'll see what works best on the N800.

*******ADDITION*******
2/15/08
I haven't used this guys media converter yet, but I did convert a movie with DVDFab and used this guys suggested encoding specs of 560x330 @ 700kbps video / 24fps / 64kbps audio, but it was xvid instead of divx. It worked perectly on the built-in Media Player!

I also tried some other video I had but wasn't sure of the encoding. Some didn't play on the built-in player, but it *would* play on mplayer! So, mplayer definitely has its uses. It's just not as gui, and it did lock up my device a couple times trying to play formats I don't think it can handle completely or were encoded too high.

More to come.

No comments: