Friday, October 3, 2008

Reading physical hardback books now sucks for me

Well, I finished "Angels & Demons" by Dan Brown as an eBook, which I purchased from my phone Over-The-Air from and through MobiPocket. I finished it Tuesday night, and I believe it's possibly the quickest I finished a book. Not only because it was a great book which made it easy and fast to read, but because having the book with me at all times in my phone, not needing any external light source to view it in dark areas/rooms and because the size of the BlackBerry along with how easy it is to turn pages, etc, allowed me to more easily read in areas I would normally never have my book or opportunity.

Since finishing Angels & Demons electronically, I returned to some physical books I have that I want to read. Laying down last night to read was frustrating. Not only did I need to have a light on, but it was also uncomfortable. It is a hardback book, so that has something to do with it I'm sure, but I don't know if paperbacks will be much better.

I doubt I'll "give up" on physical books, but I suppose this is more about me saying I actually enjoyed the eBook experience from MobiPocket on my BlackBerry Curve!! And that's saying something!


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: