Saturday, October 4, 2008

EBooks: MobiPocket is missing subscriptions and automatic download OTA

As I've stated in previous posts, MobiPocket is a great application and possibly my current favorite (but not necessarily most used of course). I was also comparing it to the Amazon Kindle because of it's Over-The-Air store on the BlackBerry. However, that experience is currently lacking some needed (IMHO) features.

1) Why can't I set it up to remember my credit card info so I don't have to go through that process when purchasing a book from my bb? That is annoying to me and cumbersome. I think there should at least be a choice.

2) It would be great if I could subscribe to magazines or newspapers, and even RSS feeds formatted for portable devices. This brings me to 3...

3) It would be nice to be able to set it to automatically download new content I either buy or that is updated via a subscription.

So, that's my wish list to make MobiPocket even better. If those things came about, I would have very little desire to buy a kindle (other than the fact that the Kindle is still a better reading device and has size and clarity over the bb).

One last thought on this, the carriers could pickup the distribution piece with their data plans. I can't ever see them doing something like this (no strong business reason), but it's an idea anyway. ;-)


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: