Monday, January 12, 2009

Windows 7 Quick Launch - Where'd it go?

Live Search QnA - Windows 7 Quick Launch?:

"Just add the folder '%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch'
as a Toolbar."

I started using the Windows 7 Public Beta as my main OS, and so far I have to say it is *really* solid. I've been going through the steps of installing all my applications I use, drivers, etc, and I noticed the QuickLaunch toolbar to be missing. A quick search found the above link and there was a gentleman by the name of Geoffrey on there who had the solution. For whatever reason, I still like to use the QuickLaunch bar for odds and ends. It's just so much easier to me to have a quick list of apps or things I use often.

My true test for whether or not Windows 7 will cut it for me was to try some gaming. I just installed LOTRO (Lord of the Rings: Online) and it played as well as on my Vista install. I will install and try Call of Duty 4 tomorrow and make sure that runs as well too.

My PC hardware is in need of an overhaul. My CPU and RAM are a bit long in the tooth and are proving to be my bottleneck in just about every case. I will hopefully be able to do that if I get a tax return... but we'll see.

Look back here for more updates and opinions on Win7... It's too late for me to try and capture it all now... need to get some sleep. ;-)

No comments: