Friday, January 16, 2009

Vista Tweak 6: Adding Games to the Vista Game Folder that are not added automatically | H1DD3N.R350URC3

****EDIT*****
Upon looking at the location described in the article, my registry information does not look the same. It is similar, but there are many of the values missing, and one that is not in the poster's image. That is "RatinsInfo" and has a whole mess of GUIDs and such. It would appear to me that MS may have changed this info in the registry with Vista SP1 possibly.
****/EDIT****

Vista Tweak 6: Adding Games to the Vista Game Folder that are not added automatically | H1DD3N.R350URC3: "Vista Tweak 6: Adding Games to the Vista Game Folder that are not added automatically"

It kind of bugs me that some games make it in here, while others do not... and dragging the games EXE into this folder does nothing more than create a shortcut to it... the other information on it doesn't auto-magically show up like a "supported" game.

It's only a slight annoyance really, but when I was trying to figure out why I found this post on how you can kind of hack it to manually put that info in. I doubt I'll go through the trouble of all this because it's not that big of a deal, but thought I'd share if anyone really needed to do this.

Bottom line on what I found out is, only certain games will show up and download information and performance ratings in this folder. Not sure why it can't get any game that is reviewed by www.allgame.com since that's apparently what it uses for it's info.

The one that was bugging me is "Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare" not showing up. I mean, this game came out well after Vista and it is reviewed on www.allgame.com as well. It's also an extremely popular game! "Call of Duty: World at War" shows up, and that's what made me look.

3 comments:

Jim said...

I'm pretty sure that the game publisher has to enable this..right?

allgame? That's my company dude. Not sure if you knew that or not.

VirtuallyGeeky said...

LOL... I didn't realize that was your company. :-D

Maybe it is the game publisher... that would make more sense, but some older games show up with all the info, box art and performance ratings, etc. That's what made me think Vista searched something for the info and all.

Unknown said...

im having the same problem. its not a big deal but is kinda annoying. :)